I’m gonna get straight to the point: I don’t like this product. BUT! Your mileage may vary.
I bought this product purely because of the packaging. It has a cute person on it with blush and long lashes and dark black bangs. Way to win me over? Give a person dark black bangs. Lol. The tube is a darker and dustier pink than the actual product’s color.
What I like about this product:
- The color is pretty wearable in my opinion (because of said chalkiness). Of course, your opinion may differ. But I find that very saturated pinks in this color range tend to look too garish on me.
- The sponge applicator is super cute and precise. If your lips are on the smaller side, it may not be precise enough for you. I drew the heart in the photo above using the applicator, and I only had to clean up a little bit near the pointy bit.
- It does make it through a meal if you’re using utensils and not eating anything too greasy.
What I don’t like about it:
- It’s matte and I was expecting a gloss (I know this isn’t really a valid complaint lol- I should have read the packaging)
- It settles into fine lines and goes on patchy if I haven’t exfoliated my lips. Let’s be real, who exfoliates their lips every single time they apply lipstick?
- The sponge applicator has a little hole in the middle that got clogged with dried out product, despite me having used it the day before. I had to clean it out with a needle.
- If it doesn’t make it through a meal, I have to wipe it off completely in order to reapply.
Would I recommend it?
Not really, unless most matte lip creams have worked for you. If you still want to try it, it’s only $5 at Walgreens. The other shades are very, very cute and perfect for spring.